Mountains of Sydney - Mount Cloudmaker
Follow Jenolan Caves Road through Jenolan Caves, then turn onto Kanangra Walls Road. From there it is 27km of good quality dirt road to a car park where the road ends. There are toilets and a weather shelter.
Directions to the summit
1. From the car park, head east along the track.
2. Detour to a lookout showing amazing views of Kanangra gorge, Kanangra Walls and in the distance, Mount Cloudmaker itself!
3. Retrace your steps, then follow the track down to Dance Floor Cave, then continue out along the plateau. The track is reasonably easy to follow but a map and compass and GPS are essential. Note that although the track follows a ridge, there are a lot of big ups and downs, and many smaller mountains to traverse before making it to Cloudmaker.
4. A logical place for a break is at the bottom of Gabes Gap, a deep saddle between Mount Berry and Mount High and Mighty.
5. The final summit is reached via a series of knolls, each one higher than the other.
6. Camp at either Dex Creek (6) or 100 Man Cave (7).