Mountains of Sydney - Kekeelbon Mountains
From Rylstone, head east along Narango Road. This turns into a dirt road as you enter Wollemi National Park. Follow this for around 11km to Red Hill. There is a small clearing on the right side of the road where the fire trail starts.
Directions to the summit
1. From Kelgoola farmhouse, follow Coricudgy Road for 8km till you reach a fork.
2. Take the right fork toward the east. Continue following the trail to the east.
3. After another 4.5km you come to some rocky cliffs on the south side of the track. Climb up the east end to get some great views of the surrounding area.
4. After another 5.5km you reach the saddle below Kekeelbon Mountains.
5. A first visit to Bare Rock Bluff is highly recommended. This has the best views of the whole walk. From the top you can see the entire Wollemi in 360 degrees.
6. The walk to the summit is short but tricky. The lush undergrowth is dense and littered with fallen trees.